Sunday, January 23, 2011

Books Read in 2010

As I'm still keeping track of all of the books I read, I thought I'd share last year's list. Some of these are re-reads and I've marked those with an [RR].

1. The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde
2. The Invisibles: Say You Want a Revolution - Grant Morrison
3. Planet of the Damned - Harry Harrison
4. Gibbon’s Decline and Fall - Sheri S. Tepper [RR]
5. The Butterfly Revolution - William Butler
6. The BFG - Roald Dahl
7. The World Inside - Robert Silverberg
8. The Maltese Falcon - Dashiell Hammett
9. Escape to Earth - Ivan Howard (ed.)
10. All the Myriad Ways - Larry Niven
11. The Zombie Survival Guide - Max Brooks
12. New Dimensions 1 - Robert Silverberg (ed.)
13. Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen
14. Spindrift - Allen Steele
15. On Our Way To the Future - Terry Carr (ed.)
16. Doorway Into Time - Sam Moskowitz (ed.)
17. The Tesseract - Alex Garland
18. House of Stairs - William Sleator
19. Millennium - Ben Bova
20. Toward Infinity - Damon Knight (ed.)
21. The Bicentennial Man - Isaac Asimov
22. Over Sea, Under Stone - Susan Cooper
23. A Time of Changes - Robert Silverberg
24. Damnation Alley - Roger Zelazny
25. 7 Steps to Midnight - Richard Matheson
26. A Dusk of Demons - John Christopher
27. The Revenants - Sheri S. Tepper
28. The Phoenix and the Carpet - E. Nesbit
29. A Scanner Darkly - Philip K. Dick
30. The Awakening - Kate Chopin
31. The Wounded Planet - Roger Elwood and Virginia Kidd (ed.)
32. Sense and Sensibility - Jane Austen
33. Lovelock - Orson Scott Card and Kathryn H. Kidd [RR]
34. Lemony Snickett: The Unauthorized Autobiography - Lemony Snickett
35. Oryx and Crake - Margaret Atwood [RR]
36. The Book of Lost Things - John Connolly
37. Engine Summer - John Crowley
38. Good Omens - Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett [RR]
39. The Unsleep - Diana and Meir Gillon
40. The Egypt Game - Zilpha Keatley Snyder
41. Beloved - Toni Morrison [RR]
42. Never Let Me Go - Kazuo Ishiguro
43. Millennial Women - Virginia Kidd (ed.)
44. Fragile Things - Neil Gaiman
45. The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins
46. Full Dark, No Stars - Stephen King
47. The Eyre Affair - Jasper Fforde
48. The House With a Clock in Its Walls - John Bellairs

I think my favorites for the year (out of new reads) were Pride and Prejudice, The Book of Lost Things, Never Let Me Go and The Hunger Games--all of which I adored--although there were quite a few books I really enjoyed. I'm not really sure how I managed to go this long without reading Jane Austen as she's exactly my style. And if I'd realized Kazuo Ishiguro had written a science fiction book, I would have read it right when it was released because I loved The Remains of the Day so much and sci fi is my favorite genre.

No comments: