Monday, April 14, 2008

Last Minute Taxes

I just finished my taxes for my first year of being in business. Whew. Nothing like waiting until the last minute, eh? (For those of you not in the US, our taxes are due tomorrow.) I had more trouble than I had expected and ended up buying Turbo Tax today. Once I had that, I zipped right through them. I think I need to completely change my record keeping system. And now that I've done my taxes, I have a better idea of how to set up the spreadsheet I'm using to keep track of things. I can't possibly have a worse idea. So it turns out I had a small loss last year, but it was less than I was expecting so I may even make a profit this year.

On a craftier note, I am very nearly done with the crocheting of little Wyatt's blanket. Then I just need to weave in the ends (blech!) and hand it over. I'm hoping Emily likes it. I'm not sure she will--it looks very 70s to me (which I kinda like) and I don't really think that's her style. I don't actually know how I feel about it myself yet. But it's almost done and that the main thing.

No comments: