I got a box of yarn in the mail today and for once, most of it is for us. I'm going to be making the Babette Blanket as soon as I get a chance to get started on it. I decided to make it in Knit Picks Palette after perusing Ravelry and seeing what other people were using. I didn't want to make it from acrylic, but I also didn't want to spend too much on it, so this seemed like the perfect solution. (Although it's actually quite a bit less than I would have spent.)
I'm using mostly the heathers since those were my favorites--there weren't quite enough, so I had to add a couple of other colors. I'm very happy with the colors I chose, though--I think it should come out well.
As for things not coming out so well... The baby blanket I mentioned in my last post did not work out at all. Emily and I had both felt a little concerned about the green next to the brown and orange and we were right to be concerned. It was coming out hideously. So I partially frogged it and ordered some yellow yarn to replace the green. Hopefully it will go better this time. When I get some of it done again, I will post pictures of both. I don't want to post the before picture without the after, though--it's that bad.