Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Busy, But Still Around

Yes, I am still alive. I've been uber busy for the past few weeks--working on my yarn for yarn4socks and a custom order, making some little crocheted toys (which I will show you in a minute) and one other thing...

I believe I neglected to mention that Chris and I got married on April 1st. It was really no big deal--we only did it so that I would be covered under his insurance (hence the April Fool's Day wedding). We've been together for 12 years now, so it really changes nothing for us. But my parents were very excited and insisted on throwing us a party--which was about a week and a half ago. So that was the one other thing I've been busy with recently.

I've been making lots of crocheted toys recently--I don't know why, but it's become somewhat of an obsession. And, of course, I can't be bothered to make something with a pattern, so it's a bit of trial and error. But I've made a couple of fun ones lately. Here is my flying saucer:

And the 'nake I made for my nephew from some hand dyed yarn gone wrong:


I'm pretty happy with both of them although the flying saucer has gone through an improvement or two since I made that one. I'm now working on making both of them in felted versions and when I get those worked out, I may try writing up the patterns for sale.

No comments: