Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Buy Handmade

Etsy is starting a campaign to get people to buy handmade gifts this holiday season and part of it is a pledge to buy handmade located at the Buy Handmade website. I just signed it--you should too. Of course, I will be making some of my gifts myself, but I suppose that means I am still supporting an independent crafter. Tee hee.

My Etsy Street Team, EtsyFAST, is having a trunk show at the Etsy Labs on November 16th. There will be events throughout the month to go along with it, including a sale that many of the members will be involved in (including me!). I guess the easiest way to explain would be via our press release:

Let fiber keep you warm during the Etsy Fiber Art Street Team sale, trunk show, online events … and all year round!

Who: The fabulous independent spinners, knitters, crocheters, weavers, felters, and fiber artists of Etsy.com, your place to buy handmade!

What: A giant event, online and in person, celebrating all things handmade and fiber!

When: Sale in online shops from Nov. 1 - Nov. 16. Trunk show date is Nov. 16, online and at Etsy Labs 6 - 8 p.m. EST.

Where: Etsy Labs, 325 Gold Street, 6th Floor, Brooklyn NY 11201 , and also online at Etsy and EtsyFAST.

Why: Warm up your November with our great fiber artists! Great sales on items for the holidays, supplies, and more! Interact with our members, learning more about these products and techniques! Buy handmade.

How: Check EtsyFAST for more info, and be sure to visit us during our sale and show Nov. 16!

No comments: