I was tagged over three weeks ago by Umme Yusuf who posts at the crocheting message board I belong to, Crochetville. I really meant to get to it, but I am slow and forgetful. But I am doing it now.
The Rules (which, being me, I will not completely follow):
Once tagged, you must link to the person who tagged you. Then post the rules before your list, and list 8 random things about yourself. At the end of the post, you must tag and link to 8 other people, visit their sites, and leave a comment letting them know they've been tagged.
1. I have one sibling--a younger sister.
2. I adore science fiction books/short stories from the 60s-70s. I think that comes from having so much of it around the house growing up. (My dad is a bit of a sci fi geek as well.)
3. I am self taught at all of my crafty endeavors. I never seem to know anyone who know how to do what I want to do so I just blunder through until I figure it out. I don't know what I would do without the Internet.
4. It's a family joke that I was almost named Marigold Zucchini because of my father's love for marigolds and both my parents' love of zucchini.
5. I am a bit of a perfectionist--always have been. According to my mother, when I was 3 and learning to write, I used to make my Zs backwards and I would cry every time. (I think I've finally got that down.)
6. Halloween is my favorite holiday (and fall is my favorite season). I love dressing up and all of the decorations. We usually have a Halloween party just so I can dress up and make fun food and decorate.
7. I love watching bad movies--especially bad sci fi. A recent favorite: Battlefield Earth--hysterical.
8. I was a smoker for about 11 years (off and on) and I've now quit for almost 2.
Well, I guess that's it. That was difficult. I'm not tagging anyone since I don't know enough people and it's been so long.