Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Christmas Gifts and Other Projects

I'm getting started on Christmas gifts. I don't know how many gifts I'm actually going to get around to making but I'm going to try to make a few. To that end, I've joined a Holiday KAL-CAL and I'm donating a skein of yarn as a prize. Fun. I haven't actually finished anything and posted it there yet, but hopefully soon.

The very first Christmas present I'm working on is a pair of felted slippers for Chris's stepmother, Gail. And they're knit. Gasp.


I'm using a Fiber Trends pattern --Felted Clogs (AC-33x)--and it's pretty easy. I've done several things I didn't know how to do before I started this, which is pretty exciting. And since they're felted, my mistakes probably won't be noticeable.

I bought a set of adjustable circular needles partly because I needed new needles for my felted slippers. I got the Boye Needlemaster set and so far, I like them quite a bit.


(Two of them are currently in my slippers, so that's why some are missing.)

I also recently crocheted these little drawstring bags for a friend's little girls. (They aren't a Christmas gift, though.)


When we were in North Carolina, we bought little wooden hearts for them and I made the bags to put them in. Normally I would never make them something all the same color, but I wanted them to match the hearts. So I put initials on them. I think they came out pretty cute.

1 comment:

HomeMadeOriginals said...

I've been thinking about knitting these. I hope you'll post a photo of them after you felt them.