Monday, August 20, 2007

Circular Rug "Pattern"

I've been asked to share my pattern for the crocheted t-shirt rug I posted about in my last post. I'd be happy to share, but I don't really have a pattern--I just crocheted a basic circle in half double crochet. Just in case that isn't something you already know how to do, I'll write it out as a pattern. (Hopefully this will be understandable--I normally only make notes for myself, not for other people.)

Basic Circular Rug Pattern

For the one I posted about, I cut the t-shirts into about .75 inch to 1 inch strips (by cutting off the sleeves and seams and then cutting each piece in a continuous strip around the outside edge) and used a Q hook, but that's certainly something that could be changed.

Round 1: Ch 2 and crochet 8 hdc into the first ch, sl st in first hdc to join
Round 2: Ch 1, 2 hdc into each st, join
Round 3: Ch 1, (hdc in next st, 2 hdc in next) around, join
Round 4: Ch 1, (hdc in next 2 st, 2 hdc in next) around, join
Round 5: Ch 1, (hdc in next 3 st, 2 hdc in next) around, join

And just continue on increasing in this manner until your rug is big enough.

I hope that's helpful, but please feel free to ask if something's not clear or you need more information. (And that goes for anyone--even if you weren't the one who asked for the pattern.)

I didn't make it to the Michigan Fiber Festival over the weekend. We were going to go on Sunday, but my boyfriend, Chris, had a terrible headache and it was raining fairly hard. We thought we would probably just be miserable and since it's a pretty long drive for us, we decided not to go. I'm sad I didn't get to go since I had been looking forward to it for months, but I'm sure it was for the best. There's always next year, I guess.

1 comment:

Alpaca Granny said...

You better come over next year. I will be looking for you.