Sunday, August 12, 2007

Finally Spinning

Well, I can hardly believe it, but I have finally gotten around to spinning some of the roving I handpainted ages ago. (And then had predrafted for another age.)


I think it's coming out pretty well. As I believe I've mentioned before, I'm a very beginning spinner (even though I've been learning for about a year and a half now--I just don't practice enough), so I don't expect too much, but still... I think I like it.

I've also been working on crocheting this rug out of strips of old t-shirts.


(I know that it looks like navy, gray and black, but the navy is actually black--just different t-shirts.) I made one of these rugs out of fleece a year or so ago and never made any more. Last night, I decided I had to make some more, so away I went. I have a huge collection of old t-shirts, polyester dresses and fleece remnants that I've been saving to crochet into rugs and it's about time I work on using some of them up. Besides, I think they'd be nice to sell at the craft show I'm doing in September.

2 comments:

Soap Witch said...

Hi, I was wondering if there's any chance you would consider sharing your pattern for crocheted rugs from t-shirts? (P.S. How's your Mechanic holding up?)

Elizabeth said...

I've posted the pattern, but please let me know if you need any other info.

And the Mechanic doll is still as lovely as ever. :)