Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Felted Handbag Prototype

I've been trying for ages to come up with a felted purse (handbag--not clutch) design that I like. And I think I have (almost) finally succeeded.


Since this is the prototype, it does not yet have handles. And the finished ones will have some sort of embellishment on them--probably embroidered appliques. Except for the size and a slight adjustment to the flap, I like it. Which comes a quite a shock to me since I didn't think I'd ever make one I like. So now I'm making another one, which I hope will be exactly what I wanted. And then I will make many many more for sale--as soon as I get the time.

The 2nd Detroit Urban Craft Fair (DUCF) is on Saturday, August 4th, which is this Saturday. I highly recommend going--I went last year (and will be going again this year) and thought it was great. I will not be in the fair this year, but I'm thinking about trying to get in next year. Let's see how the show in September goes and then I will think about it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like the "prototype"! Good luck with the next version!

Alpaca Granny said...

The design of this purse is very, very artistic.