Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Free Pattern for Amigurumi Mushroom

A while back, I posted a picture of a crocheted mushroom I gave to my mom for Christmas. I had so much fun making it that I made a few more and now I've written up a pattern in case someone else wants to make one. This is my very first written pattern (usually I just make notes for myself) so I hope I did okay. Please let me know if you find any mistakes. And I'd love to see pictures if anyone makes one. :)


Amigurumi Mushroom

Materials:
worsted weight yarn in one or two colors
G hook (or any hook that gives you a tight gauge)
stitch marker
fiberfill
yarn needle
contrasting color yarn (optional)

Gauge:
not important, but should be crocheted tightly

Pattern note:
This pattern is worked in spirals--do not join at the end of each round. Use a stitch marker to indicate the beginning of rounds and move it after finishing each round.

Two color mushroom:
Color A - tan worsted weight merino wool
Color B - red worsted weight merino wool

Stem

Rnd 1: Using color A, make 6 sc into magic adjustable ring.
Rnd 2: 2 Sc in each sc around. (12 sc)
Rnds 3-9: Sc in each sc around. (12 sc)
Cut yarn and fasten off.

Cap

Rnd 1: Using color B, make 6 sc into magic adjustable ring.
Rnd 2: 2 sc in each sc around. (12 sc)
Rnd 3: *Sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc; repeat from * around. (18 sc)
Rnds 4-5: Sc in each sc around. (18 sc)
Rnd 6: *Sc in next 2 sc, 2 sc in next sc; repeat from * around. (24 sc)
Rnd 7: *Sc in next 3 sc, 2 sc in next sc: repeat from * around. (30 sc)
Rnd 8: *Sc in next 4 sc, 2 sc in next sc; repeat from * around. (36 sc)
Rnd 9: *Sc in next 5 sc, 2 sc in next sc; repeat from * around. (42 sc)
Rnd 10: *Sc in next 6 sc, 2 sc in next sc; repeat from * around. (48 sc)
Rnd 11: *Sc in next 7 sc, 2 sc in next sc; repeat from * around. (54 sc)
Rnd 12: *Sc in next 7 sc, sc2tog over next 2 sc; repeat from * around. (48 sc)
Rnd 13: *Sc in next 4 sc, sc2tog over next 2 sc; repeat from * around. (40 sc)
Rnd 14: *Sc in next 3 sc, sc2tog over next 2 sc; repeat from * around. (32 sc)
Rnd 15: Sc2tog around. (16 sc)
Rnd 16: *Sc in next 2 sc; sc2tog over next 2 sc; repeat from * around. (12 sc)
Cut yarn and fasten off.

If you would like a face on your mushroom, embroider it now with the contrasting yarn.
Stuff cap and stem with fiberfill and whip stitch together.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute and thank you for sharing the pattern.

h.winter said...

thanks for sharing!

Laura de Argentina said...

i made one, you can see the pics in my blog....!!!
thanks for sharing the pattern

www.laceandcrochet.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I'm currently in a mushroom swap, and this is just perfect. Thank you for the pattern.

Let's Go Yarning said...

Hi I love your mushroom pattern .Thanks for sharing.I would like to know can you make more pattern of kitchen mushroom pattern .I have good friend I'm try make her mushroom things for her kitchen.I had hard time finding anything on the net,I ran up on your mushroom pattern through crochet pattern central.Let me know if you come up with something new in Mushrooms.
I have a blogger you welcome come and visit.
Happy Crocheting Joan,

Heat said...

I just stumbled across these and I can't wait to try them for our Christmas party!!! (I work at a mushroom farm)

Elizabeth said...

I love it! I hope they work out for you. :)