Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Finished Blanket and Handpainted Roving

The round ripple baby blanket I've been working on is finished (except for a few ends I still have to weave in). I think it came out really nice--it's so bright. I need to finish it up and get the rest of the gift together, so I can be early with a gift for once.


As usual, I don't have a picture of the entire blanket because I have no good place to take one. I'm still trying to figure out a good way to do it, so I'll post if I do.

I also handpainted roving for the very first time yesterday. (And I learned to braid it for the pretty picture.)


It was very stressful painting merino roving like that--I kept waiting to felt it. But I don't appear to have done so. Yay me. I will be spinning it up soon, I hope. And then I may post a picture of my handspun for the first time. (Or I may actually take some pictures of older stuff first--I keep meaning to.) I'm not an expert spinner by any means, but I do enjoy doing it. And dyeing the roving was fun.

1 comment:

Jane Carlstrom said...

It does look beautiful in the braid. Such a lovely combination of blues.