Thursday, June 7, 2007

Winders and Halters

I've been doing more dyeing lately and realized rather quickly that if I am going to do a lot of dyeing, I need to get a skein winder instead of making skeins with my niddy noddy and swift. Much too hard on my arm. So I figured that I would wait until I sold some yarn and then buy one--which could be some time. Right after I made that decision, I sold a bunch of yarn, so now I can buy my skein winder. And on top of that piece of luck, the Woolery is currently having a sale. Wow. Now I just have to figure out if there is anything else I need that's on sale.

I am currently working on a crocheted halter for a friend's daughter and once I have that worked out, I plan to sell them in my Etsy shop. I made some halters for another friend's three daughters last summer--before I had a shop--and my friend recently asked if I could make one for her daughter. She's also going to let me use photos of said daughter in my halter listings, which is wonderful because it will look so much better being worn. (And her daughter is adorable.)

1 comment:

Alpaca Granny said...

You will love your skein winder. That and my Woolee winder have become indispensable.
Looking forward to seen the halter tops - not for antique me though.