Saturday, June 16, 2007

My Handspun

I haven't gotten around to spinning any of that merino I handpainted. I'm probably a bit nervous about it--and I haven't decided whether to spin it on my spindle or my wheel. I don't use my wheel enough, but I think that's probably because I don't have anything decent to sit on when I'm using it. I need to buy this.

Since I haven't spun anything recently, I thought I would post some older pictures of handspun like I said I might. All of the following were spun on a spindle.


This is merino--some of the first yarn I ever made. Most of it was already used in a scarf for my sister.


This is Blue-Faced Leicester that I dyed after it was spun with food coloring. It got a bit wonky because of that, I think, but it's still okay. I'm not too fond of the color, though.


I can't remember what this is (possibly Blue-Faced Leicester). I dyed it with coffee after it was spun. There's quite a bit more of this--it's supposed to be a hat and scarf for my dad if I ever get it done.

Well, I guess that's a sampling of my handspun anyway--I do have quite a bit more, but I think this is enough for now. I'm still learning, so I'm not super thrilled with it, but...

I'm joining in the Saturday Night Specials on Etsy again tonight. I haven't done it in a while, since the four or five other times I've done it I didn't make any sales. But since I haven't wanted to list on Etsy for a few days because of the search problems, I thought I would do this tonight. So 15% off everything in my shop until 3:00 am EST. Shop away.

1 comment:

Alpaca Granny said...

Liz, you don't need one of those fancy spinning stools. Heck, I spin from my wooden rocking chair (sitting on a couple pillows).