Wednesday, May 9, 2007

More Promos

I just finished more promos to go in swag bags at the Michigan Indie Crafters of Etsy Craft Extravaganza, which is at the Main Art Theatre (Chris, my SO, used to work there when we lived in Royal Oak) in Royal Oak on May 19th.


The show is being organized and run by Danielle of PreciousPups and Heidi of DesignChic, both of who seem to be really nice people (and make cool stuff). It sounds like it's going to be a great show, so you should definitely check it out if you are in the area. I won't be a vendor, but I will be going to meet people and maybe buy some stuff.

I've also been doing some more tatting--gotta keep on practicing. (Besides, I'm getting fast enough that it's actually fun to do it now.)


I've been having a bit of trouble with the thread I'm using--it seems very splitty and I don't know if that's me or the thread. I haven't been working on a pattern like I intended because all the free beginner patterns seem to be for really large things (like doilies) and I don't know that I'm ready to devote that kind of time to something I don't really want to make. So I will keep practicing little things until I get good enough to attempt something I actually want to do. I just don't have any use for a doily--I'm not really a doily person. I'll probably make tatted jewelry when I finally get the hang of this.

No comments: