Monday, May 14, 2007

Shipping and More Tatting Practice

As you may or may not know, as of today, new shipping rules have gone into effect at the USPS. So I am working on changing my shipping in my Etsy shop to reflect the higher prices. I still haven't quite figured it out so I haven't changed any of my listings as of now. (I also want to add international shipping prices at the same time since it will take quite a while to change all of my listings. And I'm not quite sure of the pricing on that right now either--or what countries I want to list in each listing.) These shipping changes are even more confusing than I originally thought they were. I am pretty sure I won't be able to ship my items as large envelopes any more because they are too thick and I am completely befuddled by the non-machinable surcharge. Ugh. And my SO works at the Post Office, but since he's a mail carrier and not a clerk, he knows nothing at all that's useful to me right now. So hopefully I will have that done soon.

More tatting practice last night... I have now learned how to tat a split ring and chains.


(I don't have a picture of the chains because they aren't really much different than rings, so I didn't practice them much.) I love split rings--I think I could make jewelry that I like out of just them. Once I get a little better at it, that is.

No comments: