Friday, April 20, 2007

Learning to Tat and Reshoots

I've been trying to learn to tat for a few weeks now. Every time I got too frustrated, I just put it down and went back to it later. I couldn't manage to get the stitch to flip, which is supposed to be the hardest part of tatting. And then yesterday, it all clicked and now I can tat. Yay me!


I have only learned the double stitch so far and I'm really not very good at it yet, but I am so thrilled that I finally managed. I was starting to think I was never going to get it, but of course, I always think that. I was so convinced I would never be able to knit that I was on the verge of quitting forever when that clicked for me. (Not that I'm a great knitter now--which is why you don't see any of my projects on this blog. :) ) At least I don't actually give up.

When I was taking the picture of my tatting, I finally decided to reshoot one of my hairpins from my Etsy shop.


I always take all my pictures on a white background and when I did this one--since it wouldn't really show up on white--I just grabbed a piece of cardstock and took it on that. The cardstock was purple and very glaring. I think blue suits it much better--it is a cloud after all.

No comments: