Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Wallets and Dye Problems

I'm starting to list the new wallets on Etsy. This one was listed yesterday:


I won't be listing them all in a row, since I like to try to space out listings of the same types of things in order to have a listing high up in different categories. But I am working on it. I decided that these should be a bit more inexpensive than the larger ones, since they appear to be easier or cheaper to make.

I did do some dyeing yesterday even though I have been having quite a bit of trouble with my new yellow dye.


As you can see, it decided to separate. (And yes, that is an olive jar--I reuse.) I don't know how well you can see it in the picture, but it also refused to completely dissolve. I have looked into the problem and discovered that the separating is a common problem with Jacquard Yellow Sun dye, which is what this is. So I tried some of the fixes I found online--no help. I think now I am going to try starting over with less dye and more water and see if I can get it to work. I'll post about how it goes.

No comments: